Let’s say good-bye to those expensive water filtration systems. Start investing in water filter pitchers instead which are far more convenient. These water filter pitchers are self-sufficient. This makes them suitable for households and offices. They are easy to carry and store as well. They are responsible for producing clean drinking water and come in different shapes and sizes. This guide will help you identify what model serves your needs best and is worth buying.
Water purifier systems have been rather too fancy to buy. It is because of this that these water purifier pitchers are an inexpensive option. They can be used instantly without having to worry about installation. Features such as filter life, overall design and the types of contaminants they remove should be looked for as well.
These water filter pitchers come in different styles and offer a diverse range of options. When going through the review ask yourself a few questions. Would you like your water to taste and smell better or removing contaminants is more important? Are you willing to compromise quality over cost? Questions like these will help you identify your needs and areas of interests. This in turn will help you make a more effective decision.
Top 5 Best Water Filter Pitchers 2019
|ZeroWater||12.2 x 5.9 x 11.6 inches||3.9 pounds||10 cups|
|Brita Everyday||10.9 x 6 x 11 inches||1 pounds||10 cups|
|AQUAGEAR||11 x 10.9 x 5.7 inches||2.4 pounds||8 cups|
|Restore Alkaline||11 x 5.5 x 10.2 inches||2.1 pounds||2 liters|
|PUR||15.7 x 5.5 x 10.3 inches||4.6 pounds||18 cups|
Why buy one?
For most of us, in-house water filtration and osmosis systems might seem as too expensive of an option. Also, they cannot be carried around or used in offices. A water filter pitcher, can be used instead as a more practical solution. We all question the safety of tap water. It can be especially harmful for our kids. This is why investing in a water purifier pitcher is a necessity. The best thing about these purifier jugs are that they come in variety of shapes and sizes. They can be kept in the fridges or carried around as well. They are convenient and improve the taste of the water along with removing the slightest of impurities.
Let’s take a look at how do these purifiers work. They come in various shapes and sizes but any standard model will have a lid, a filter and a container. How much of capacity can they hold and to what extent they clean your water varies. Their price is determined by the number of features they have to offer. This obviously doesn’t imply that the expensive the water filter pitcher the better the quality it will give. You should know that all these purifier jugs remove impurities from tap water to provide you cleaner water.
The filter in these water purifier systems come in two types. Activated carbon filters that clean water using particles of charcoal. Then there are cartridge filters. They make use of a process that passes the water through three to five layers of filtering materials. This cleans the water from all contaminants and impurities along with adding other elements in the process.
Carbon filters vs. Cartridge filters
Activated Carbon Filter
Activated carbon filters make use of a natural process called adsorption which adheres particles and dissolved solids to the filter. The activated charcoal in these carbon filters has a spongy surface. According to this article, activated carbon is known for removing inorganic and inorganic contaminants from water. When water is poured in the filter, the ions of the contaminants will be absorbed by the carbon, giving you access to cleaner water instantly. However, the problem with these water filters are that they require frequent changes as the carbon attracts excessive particles.
Cartridge Water Filters
Cartridge water filters on the other hand are more effective. They filter contaminants in the water without affecting the quality altogether. It passes the water through seven different stages. These stages not only improve the taste but enhance the nutritional content as well giving you more than just clean drinking water. These filters use multiple layers of filtering materials. These multiple layers are able to capture a huge variety of contaminants. They can even effectively remove viruses and tiny particulates that activated carbon cannot deal with. According to this article, a single cartridge style filter can remove viruses from up to 19,000 liters of water.
You can either be looking for a purifier that makes your water taste better or remove contaminants or both. Fortunately, most purifiers that we have listed provides you with both. Now the question is should you invest in a more expensive model or stick with the basic one? We would suggest you to not think about cost and rather just go for the one that suits your needs the most.
The Best Water Filter Pitchers
1. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 11 x 10.9 x 5.7 inches
Item Weight: 2.4 LBS
Size: 8 Cups
- BPA-free and 100% FDA-approved food grade materials used
- Excellent and highly efficient design
- Highly effective contaminant reduction feature
- Triple high-quality capacity filters
- Five stage filter process
- Smallest filter layer features 2-micron pores
- It has a lead/fluoride filter
- Lifetime guarantee and efficient customer support service.
- Easy to use
- Meets NSF standards 42 and 53 for reducing contaminants
- Each filter can produce up to 150 gallons of fresh and safe water
- Removes Fluoride, Mercury, Chlorine, Lead, Chromium 6, and Chloramines
- Remove bad smell from the water
- New cartridge filter only takes 2-3 hours for water filtration
- Keeps calcium and magnesium in the water
- 100% recyclable
- Small pitcher
2. Brita Large 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10.9 x 5.6 inches
Item Weight: 2.2 LBS
Size: 10 Cups
- It is a BPA-free product
- Large white plastic water pitcher
- Advanced filter technology to remove the contaminants
- Sticker filter indicator to change the filter timely
- Highly efficient and effective filter cartridges
- Supports WQA certified long-lasting replacement filter.
- Easy to clean, pour, and refill
- Removes Chlorine, Mercury, Copper, and Cadmium from the tap water
- Improves the water taste and eliminates bad smell
- Environmental friendly as it replaces 300 plastic water bottles
- No filter changing instructions
- The filter can last only two months
3. Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 10.5 x 5.5 inches
Item Weight: 2.95 LBS
Size: 8 Cups
- FDA approved and made up of BPA-free materials
- Excellent modern design
- Advanced top water filtration system made up of carbon and other proprietary components
- Long-lasting filters
- Includes lead/fluoride filter
- Removes more than 200 contaminants.
- Passed the NSF standards 42, 53, and 401 for contaminant reduction
- Each filter can purify 100 gallons of water
- Removes Lead, Fluoride, Mercury, Chlorine, Chromium 6, Chloramines, Arsenic, and even pharmaceutical drugs
- Lifetime guarantee
- 100% recyclable
- Sometimes the water leaks out
- Instructions are not clear
4. Invigorated Water pH RESTORE Alkaline Water Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10 x 5.2 inches
Item Weight: 2.1 LBS
Size: 15 Cups
- High-quality, eco-friendly materials used in the construction
- Innovative design
- It has an anti-slip base and features a digital filter life indicator
- Particle catching micro net covered filter
- Features Long-life activated carbon filter, and stone and ceramic filter
- Additional ultrafiltration membrane filter for next level filtration.
- Easy to fill and has an easy-grip handle
- Each filter has the ability to filter 1500 cups of water
- It removes Chlorine, Chloramine, VOC’s, Fluoride, Arsenic, and Lead
- Enhances the water color and eliminates odor
- Adds calcium and selenium into the water
- BPA-free and SGS certified
- Little bit expensive
- May leak when filled to the top
5. PUR 18-Cup Dispenser with Filter
Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 10.3 x 5.6 inches
Item Weight: 5 LBS
Size: 18 Cups
- Large water purifier pitcher
- BPA-free product
- Space-saving design
- Uses MAXION technology that features activated carbon and ion exchange materials for contaminant reduction
- Features heat treated coconut shell carbon
- Comfortable grip handle.
- Reduces 22 different contaminants including chlorine and mercury
- Improves the water taste and smell
- Easy to fill
- Comes with a tap to get the purified water easily
- 100% recyclable
- No filter life indicator
- The life of the filter is only 40 gallons of water
6. Nakii Water Filter Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 8.5 x 4.3 inches
Item Weight: 1.9 LBS
Size: 7.5 Cups
- Made up of ABS plastic, FDA approved and BPA-free
- Convenient, compact, and modern design
- It has a quicker filtration process
- Filter is equipped with Japanese Activated Carbon Technology
- Adsorption material water purification system.
- Easy to pour and refill water
- The filter can purify about 150 gallons of water
- Reduces Mercury, Rust, Chlorine, Sediment, and suspended solid particles
- Improves the water color and removes odor
- Filter 1.3 liters of water in one minute
- Long-lasting product
- Replacement filters slow down the filtering speed
- Small water holding capacity
7. Propur Water Filter Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 10.8 x 5.3 inches
Item Weight: 2.65 LBS
Size: 1.5 Liters
- Space-saving design
- Unique and long-lasting filters
- Effectively removes more contaminants
- It uses ProOne G2.0M filter that features ProSorb granular activated carbon-based media
- 5 liters of overall water holding capacity.
- Easy to use
- Reduces Fluoride, Chloramines, VOCs, heavy metals, and pharmaceuticals in the water
- The filter can last up to 6 months
- Keeps up the beneficial minerals
- Completely removes lead from the water
- Slow filtering process
- Hard to pour water
8. Lake Industries Alkaline Water Pitcher with Filter
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10 x 4.2 inches
Item Weight: 11.2 Ounces
Size: 2.5 Liters
- Unique design with easy-to-fill lid
- 7 stage filtration process
- Fine particle filters
- Features Ion exchange resin, Mineral balls, Carbon, and Tourmaline to purify the water
- Environmental friendly and economical.
- Easy to pour the filtered water and easy to fill the reservoir
- Fast filtering process
- Removes Chlorine, Zinc, Copper, Chromium 6, and Lead
- Makes the water taste good and smell better
- After every 60 days, you need to change the filter cartridge
- Not well constructed
9. ZeroWater 23 Cup Pitcher
Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 11 x 5.9 inches
Item Weight: 4 LBS
Size: 23 Cups
- Large size, slim water filter pitcher
- NSF certified for lead and chromium reduction
- 5 stage filtration process for cleaner water
- Uses Ion exchange technology to remove the impurities.
- Quite easy to use
- Removes all TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- Enhances the water taste
- Large water holding capacity
- The filter takes time to purify the water
- The lifespan of the filters is short
10. Alexapure Pitcher Water Filtration System
Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 10.5 x 5 inches
Item Weight: 1.7 LBS
Size: 8 Cups
- Made up of BPA-free and FDA food-grade materials
- Powerful water filtration system
- Two Activated carbon filters
- Faster water filtration process.
- Reduces Fluoride, Zinc, Chlorine, Lead, Chromium 6, and VOCs.
- Keeps the beneficial minerals within the water
- It takes 7.5 minutes to purify 0.5 gallons of water
- Filters must be changed after every two months
- Poorly designed
- Not a long-lasting product
All of the above-mentioned water filter pitchers are the best among all. They all purify the water deeply and improve the water color, taste, and odor. So, if you need one for your home or office-use, select anyone from above.
These were all the best water filter pitchers that we outlined for you. All of them are extremely effective in removing contaminants from your tap water. They also make the water taste and smell better by removing chlorine and odors from it. Keep in mind that all of these filters vary in size, capacity, materials used in filters and price. Each model serves the basic need which is the removal of contaminants. And so, the final choice rests on your needs and requirements.