Water filtration is the need of the day. Point of use water filters are a great option but are a bit heavy on your pocket. Secondly, if you want filtered water for every outlet in your home, then you require a whole house water filtration system.
Aquasana is one of the best brands that are providing whole house filtration systems. It has made quite a name in recent times due to its quality products and economical water filtration solutions. Keeping in mind your requirements and desire to buy the best available product, we have critically reviewed every aspect of the Aquasana whole house filtration system. This brief review will help you assess the quality and efficiency of the Aquasana filtration system.
Some Quick Facts:
- Model: Aquasana Rhino EQ-1000
- Filtration Capacity: 1,000,000 gallons or 10 Years
- Warranty: 90-days money-back guarantee and 10-years general warranty
- Number of filters: 2 (Pre and Post filters)
- Filters Life Span: 3-months (Pre-filter) and 12-months (Post-filter)
- Flow Rate: 7-gallons water per minute
- Wastage: Zero
- Dimensions: 9 by 46 by 44 inches
- Now we will review the features of Aquasana in detail.
- Working Capacity
Aquasana offers a working capacity of 1,000,000 gallons. This amount of water usually lasts for 10 years for an average American household. Remember that you will get filtered water at every outlet in your house. No matter what you do, every drop of water in your home will be filtered and pure. Your family, pets, and garden will only get pure and healthy water. You will be washing your eatables, doing your cooking, and managing all other water-related chores with only purified water. It will result in better health for your family.
Aquasana uses two primary filters to bring the best results for you. The working of these filters is explained below:
Pre-Filter: The pre-filter works on the particles in the water like dust, sediments, rust, and microplastics. The pre-filter is a 5-micron filter. It makes the water pure and ensures that no harmful element goes to the next stage.
Main-Tank Filtration: When water enters the main tank, chlorine is reduced here up to 97 per cent. The mixture of copper-zinc and other minerals helps in the purification of water. A carbon filter further acts on the water to remove any residual chlorine.
Post-Filter: After the water passes from main-tank, the post-filter removes any microscopic cysts and organic particles from water. If any pharmaceuticals are present in your water, they are also removed here.
Enhanced Performance Tools
Aquasana filters the water very well with the standard filters. If you are looking for enhanced filtration and even better results, you can add the following tools a=to your filtration setup and get more outstanding results.
Salt-Free Water Conditioner: It consists of Scale Control Media (SCM), which effectively reduces the scale caused by hard water. It brings the salt content in your water inside the safe range. You only need this upgrade if your area has hard water.
UV Filter: UV filter ensures that there is zero per cent of bacteria and viruses left in your water. Although the post-filter does not leave any of them in your water for improved results, you can add this extension to your filtration system. It filters 99.9 per cent of viruses, bacteria, and chlorine resistant cysts. If you are going for this add-on, please keep in mind that UV filter needs electric power to run.
Pro Grade Install Kit: It is an upgrade to the standard installation kit that comes with the standard filtration system. The tools that come with this upgrade are professional quality tools.
Installing Rhino EQ-1000 is an easy task. If you know your way around the plumbing fixtures of your house, you can do it by yourself. A detailed user guide is available here (http://cdn.aquasana.com/assets/EQ-300-600-1000_Install.pdf). You can install the filter by getting help from this link, or you can call professionals to get it done.
A cost analysis is essential for our readers so that they can have a complete idea about how much they are going to pay later on.
System Cost: One-time cost for EQ-1000 may seem high at first, but when you analyze this cost over the amount of water filtered or the 10 years, you understand that it is a very economical and cost-saving option as compared to using separate filters for different points of use at your home. The cost for one gallon of water drops to as low as $0.01.
Filters Cost: The pre-filters come in a pack of 4 and start at around 20$ a pack. Each filter costs around 5 dollars. Considering the efficiency and three month replacement period, this is a very economical purchase. The 2nd and 3rd stage filters cost around $650.
Annual Cost: We have analyzed the costs; the yearly figure for using Aquasana Rhina EQ1000 is around 80 dollars. This makes it approximately $6.6 for a month. It is very affordable and practical as compared to the prices of other brands.
Benefits of Aquasana Rhino EQ-1000
There are tons of benefits of installing a whole house filtration system. To give you an idea, that how Aquasana will drastically improve your health, we have listed some of the advantages below
- Better Breathing: Untreated water contains a lot of chlorine, which contaminates the air while you are bathing. Aquasana filters water so you can breathe in uncontaminated air. It also improves the air quality inside your house by filtering water throughout your home.
- Better Drinking: With Aquasana, say goodbye to water-borne diseases and stomach problems. You will notice a remarkable difference in your family’s health once you start drinking water from Aquasana.
- Tasty Cooking: When you cook with filtered water, your food is not only germless but also tastes better. Top chefs recommend using filtered water for better taste and optimized cooking time.
- Healthier Skin and Hair: When you bath with pure water, your skin gets healthier, your hair shine more. All this happens because your skin and hair do not absorb any contaminants present in tap water.
- It is very economical.
- It removes 97 per cent of chlorine and other harmful contaminants.
- If you add UV filter, you get even better results of up to 99.9 percent purity.
- Aquasana is certified by all the authorities like NSF and state authorities.
- It comes with a 10-years warranty.
- It is easy to maintain. You do not need draining or back-flushing.
- The dual tank increases the water contact time, thus giving you more pure water as compared to single-tank water filtration plants.
- It does not remove total dissolved solids (TDS).
Our Rating and Verdict